Fairtrade NAPP signs Mou with"Andijan scientific and experimental station of the Research Institute of selection, seed production, and agricultural technology of cotton growing" with an objective to:- Objectives of the Partnership:
- Implement pilots on cutting-edge technologies which will help improve cotton yield and quality or reduce the cost of cultivation. This will increase the incomes of the farmers
- Study the effects of climate change on cotton cultivation and recommend both adaptive and mitigative measures and capacity building of cotton producers
- Jointly collaborate on submitting proposals for donor-funded projects as well as implementing donor-funded projects that may be awarded
- Facilitate and support projects for the Fairtrade cotton producers in Central Asia on request of NAPP
- Train cotton farmers of the co-operatives in both Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan in aspects related to agronomy of cotton cultivation.
- Assist NAPP in networking between other cotton institutes of the region as well as with the government machinery of the three countries namely Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan